Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's beggining to look alot like Christmas....



First, I will apologize for being a slacker when it comes to blogging. I honestly just get so busy. I will try to do more now that I have a little more time.
Well.... it is feeling like Christmas at the Sanders. We got our tree up the first week of December. Brayden Really likes the lights. We really had to decorate it modestly due to the active nature of our sweet child =) Nothing breakable could be placed on the tree. I got some pine cone ornaments and some organza garland and ribbon, and that has decorated our tree. Well.. and lights.. you've got to have lights (luckily it's a pre-lit tree... very easy ) Brayden loves the pine cones. He is constantly playing with them. He likes to pull the garland off the tree, even though he has been told several times " don't touch". But, all in all, he's been very good with it. Now when he sees another tree somewhere, he gets all excited. loving the lights

Our tree


I got some Christmas pictures taken, though he didn't want to stay still for too long. here are some of the good ones..


This Christmas is going to be fun. The three grand kids, (all 1years old! will be together! Happy Birthday Emily!!!) Amy, Chad, and Emily are flying ion today, so it really is beginning to feel like Christmas! I am so excited to bake and make candy when Amy gets here. She is so good at getting that done. Our family Christmas gift is to go to Disney. That will happen on Saturday.It should be interesting. Travis is 19 months, Brayden is almost 16 months, and Emily turned one yesterday. Hopefully that will all be even tempered and have a lot of fun.


Enjoying playing with the wrapping paper


I pretty much have shopping done. I took Brayden to meet Santa for the first time yesterday. He really didn't know what to think, and was on the verge of crying. But he prevailed, and the tears were held back. We got the slightest smirk out of him. And I bought the ridiculously over priced pictures, because it was his first experience (we didn't visit Santa last year) I had to buy them, even if they weren't that good. I think he'll look back 20 years from now, and laugh at them, so it's worth it.


He has been a pretty good boy this year. The past few days have not been a treat. He is getting some teeth in , and has just been uncomfortable, which = CRANKY. We have also been blessed with a new phrase... " I want!" He really is a doll baby though. He is trying to talk so much more and is doing so many fun things. He likes to twirl and dance now, and has in the past months began to sing. Particularly the "Mama" song. It goes a little something like "mama... maaaammmaaa, mama mama maMA." I think you get the gist. He was even singing it in his sleep a while ago. I feel really special to have my own song =)


Well, I took my final , and had my last day of the semester on the 11th. I made it through with a solid 'B', which I was ecstatic to receive. I am overjoyed to have almost 5 weeks off! I really don't know what to do with myself. It is nice to be home with Brayden and be a mom.


I am so excited for the Holiday and very thankful that we are all healthy. During the week of Thanksgiving Brayden was really sick with Bronchitis, and I then got the same thing. Faron then got a tough of a stomach bug and so did I for a night. Wow... that was a rough week! Then to top it all off, the same day of my final, that night actually Faron went to the urgent care with abdominal pain. Long story short, he was sent to the Emergency room, and admitted in the wee hours of the morning. He was there Wednesday through Friday. Thankfully after many test and assumptions, it was just gastroenteritis. Bless his little heart. He was a trooper! It was his first time ever being in the hospital... but he survived and did really great. We are glad he is home now and feeling much better. I want to Thank everyone who helped us out and kept us in their prayers! We have an incredible family !! ( friends too!)


I think those are the main highlights .. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

1 comments:

steph said...

it's good to hear what you're up to again. i love all the pics and especially the one of you and brayden together. enjoy your time off!!