Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wow! 2008!!! Gosh.... I can't believe that 2007 is at an end! I mean.. where did the time go? I really think each year goes by faster than the next. I guess we just get trapped in routines of daily living and before you know time has flown by. I realize this by looking at our sweet little baby, who is no longer a baby. He is the little person with a distinct personality. I was looking at him today and he just looked different. He looks so grown up now with his new hair cut!

We brought in the new year with some subway and watching a SNL special on tv. I ended up taking a nap after Bray went to bed, and then got up at 11:45 and we counted down and had a nice kiss and a " Happy New Year!" shout =) It was nice to be home with my boys. We really know how to party!! haha!

Well, I am sure you are wondering about Christmas. It was wonderful! We started off our celbration of Christmas on the 22nd by going to Disney. It was very crowded and hard to navigate through the park with our large group, with out losing someone, but we managed. And it was quite chilly...burr. We had a lot of fun. I think the kids all did well. We didn't get to go on too many rides, but Brayden get to ride Dumbo, the Pirates of the Carabean, and It's a small world. As well as play at toon town and go through Mickeys house. He fell asleep at the start of the Christmas parade and woke up at the end. He loved watching the Country Bear jamboree, and at the end he met Mickey! I think all the kids did really well. I was really proud of each of them for doing so well. Our family stayed the latest, and left during the fireworks. this was a very good thing, because we missed all the crowds. But I was sad to not see them. It was so cloudy we couldn't even view them as we walked out. Oh.. I forgot to mention how gorgeous the castle was! They had it all lit up and it just looked like diamonds everywhere. Very pretty!





Christmas Eve, we took family pictures, had a 1st b-day party for Emily ( the girl made out with lots of stuff!!) and then had an incredible dinner and yummy deserts!! We ended the night with presents to the kids from Auntie Katie, and Pj's from mom.






We decided to drive back home so that we could have Christmas at our house in the morning. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep soon after I put Brayden to bed. I awoke around 12:30 am realizing I still had to wrap presents! Yikes.. so we got up and did all of that fun stuff. Faron and I had a lot of fun wrapping presents. i think it was my favorite thing about Christmas this year. We just had fun hanging out and were excited to see what Santa would bring and how Brayden would react to his presents.
Apparently Brayden was a very good boy this year, because most of the gift under the tree were for him, and Santa brought him a Climber for Christmas =) He was very excited once he figured out what it was, and waisted no time at all trying it out.

I opened his gifts. He was more interested in playing with his new toys. Faron filmed it all on the camcorder, and fun was had by all.


We arived at my parents later that morning, and did it all over again. The car that Brayden got from Grammie and Papa, was a big hit! Travis was too cute. He was already playing in it before we go there and when Bray went to check it out, he closed the door and said "go!" to Brayden. It was hillarious. I think I know what to get him for his birthday =) Emily even enjoyed the car. It was definately a hit with the kids.




I have to say we had an incredible Christmas with a wonderful family to share it with. It was so nice to have Amy and Chad and Emily down. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Katie for the Disney tickets!! That was so generous!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you will have a very Happy New Year!!




1 comments:

MoJo said...

Er- you guys look like you had a great Christmas! I love Emily's tutu. It looks like she loved it too. You did a really good job. I love all the pictures. Brayden is getting really big and wow! so is Travis. You look really good too Erin! I look at pictures of you and I think, "man! I really gotta lose weight." I guess it's ok, I did just have a baby 2 weeks ago, huh? :)