Saturday, June 30, 2007

Getting around... and into it all!



Brayden is at the beautiful age to where he is crawling everywhere and on the verge of walking. We call him our "Bulldozer" because he dives, crawls and climbs over anything in his way.
He has no fear!
Brayden is getting more and more independent. He wants to go everywhere in the house, and get into anything and everything that he shouldn't. Due to this love of exploration, he has learned the meaning of the word "No". I often find myself saying "NO,NO,No!" Following by a quick "Don't touch it", when he is getting into something he shouldn't be into. The other day I was unloading the dishwasher and Brayden came in as usual and tries to touch the plates and silverware. I quickly tell him "no" and a moment later my son responds back. With gusto, he bellows out "Doe, Doe, Doe! Don touchit!" Faron was in the other room and said " I think he's mocking you!" Sure enough he was! Later on that night he said it about three more times. It was hard not to laugh, but I guess when someone hears something over and over again , they are bound to say it back! It's amazing how quickly their vocabulary expands.
Here are some "No" moments...


Standing up on the chair and pushing it across the floor. He also loves to play with the wheels and frequently bumps his head when trying to stand up underneath it

Eating my camera case, or anything else he can get his hands on
Picking stuff up off the floor


Okay... This was a funny example. Apparently there was a roll of paper towels sitting on the table next to him, so when I left to put something away in the Kitchen, I came back to find this...

Look at this face! He seems so proud of himself!

He is so curious! He often ventures over to our curtains and stands up on the glass to look at the cats. He loves them! When he sees them he squeals with delight. So it didn't come as a surprise when we saw him giving our cat Lana a kiss through the glass! Talk about melting your heart!

5 comments:

MoJo said...

He's so dang cute Er. I can't believe he's talking already! That was a pretty long sentence he mimiked back to you! Way to go Bray! Keep the pictures coming. I love to see him.

Chad and Amy Jensen said...

I loved seeing all the cute pictures that you took of Brayden. It makes me so excited...like I was there. Ha! Emily is getting close to crawling...I guess we have much to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

Seeing him push that chair around reminds me of Archer using his high chair to push and walk around our home. It was so cute!

Fun pics!

steph said...

oh my gosh...it doesn't get any cuter than that!! what a silly little boy! sounds like he keeps you on your toes!

Anonymous said...

Brayden is so dang cute. Aren't little boys the best? He is growing so fast- even from the last pictures!