Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 2 in the hospital

First time getting dressed up
Day two brought lots of vistitors. Uncle Chad, Grammie and Papa and Brayden, Shandra and Skyeler, The singlers, Granny and Aunt Linda, and my co-worker Heather all stopped by to see Aislyn and congratulat us.
Granny's number 19 Great Grand child... she loves her Granny

Aislyn with uncle Chad


The proud big brother

I was feeling so much better after a shower, real clothes, and makeup! I was moving around so well on my first post operative day.. I even made the bed! lol The mid wife came in and said " I guess you'll be getting out of here early!" Thanks to pain meds and knowing what to expect.. this was the easy c-section of all.

Aislyn with mommy and daddy

Aislyn did great breast feeding right away on day one, but day two she got very sleepy and was hard to wake up to eat. But we learned some tricks and were able to get her latched on and eating well. She mostly slept, ate and pooped, on this day. She had her bilirubin drawn and was weighed that night and was down from 8lbs even to 7lbs 7 ounces. her bilirubin level came back perfect. Daddy went home for a better sleep in a real bed, instead of the back breaking recliner and Aislyn went to the nursery where she was well cared for by past co-workers of mine. I had a great nurse, Sarah, who I use to work with on Pediatrics and slept pretty good despite the IV driving me crazy. I will have more sympathy for my patients in the future.

0 comments: